» Exploring Iguazu Falls ...
Foz do Iguacu is a city situated in the south-west of Brazil at about 2 hours flight from Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paolo.
You can arrive here also from Argentina and Paraguay.
The tourist busses and cabs are the best way of transportation in Iguacu and the National Park.
The bus is cheap but goes very slow, so if you are in a hurry you can take a taxi or rent a car.
The waterfall Iguacu has the three times the capacity of Niagara Falls. It is very spectacular in April because of the summer rains. A 4 days journey should be enough to explore both sides of the waterfall and also the surrounding area.
» Sights to see:
• When you arrive at the waterfall take the Macuso Safari boat to the cascade, then enjoy a nice meal in Porto Canoas Restaurant.
• Explore the attractions in the area; take a boat journey and see the caimans on the river shore.
• The bird lovers will enjoy the Iguacu Birds Park. Here can be found an amazing variety of species, most of them kept in huge cages.
• The technique lovers can visit the Itaipu Dam, a hydroelectric dam on the Paraná River.
» Tips and advices:
• take a waterproof with you and a bag for the camera, even in the dry days you will get wet in the park,
• watch the falls from both Brazilian and Argentinean sides to compare,
• if you rent a car tell them you wish to pass the border, otherwise you might not be able to do it.